The UMass Stockbridge School of Agriculture is the only online program in the U.S. that offers 36 online classes that may be taken either individually or toward completion of one of our three fully online degrees. We offer:
- a 15-credit Certificate Program and,
- a 60-credit Associate of Science degree and
- a fully online 120-credit Bachelor of Science degree.
- Online credits may also be transferred to other universities and colleges.
- These are 100% online degree programs (there no need to ever come to campus – but if you live nearby, you are welcome to take classes on campus as well).
- We want to offer maximum flexibility to our students, so there is no “live” time you ever need to log into a class. You complete your weekly work when you can which allows for students to work full-time, run a farm or raise a family while completing their degree.
- Students who hold previous degrees are common and Gen Eds will all transfer in (its typical to only need to take 45 credits at UMass to complete your second BS degree for example…)
- We have many veterans in the program who use GI Bill funding and we are happy to answer questions related to that.
- No age is too young or too old! Average age is 45 years and students are from all over the country (passionate, mature and dedicated group of learners which makes for rich Discussion Forums)
- Take as many or as few credits as you like, or take a semester off if needed. You can do this program at your own pace.
For a preview of all of our courses, see: Annual Online Class Schedule.
UMass Online is one of the best in the nation!
Registration for winter term opens on October 17!
Other Options: If you are interested in a graduate level online Certificate, please see the Tufts University program. If you are not interested in earning college credit, there are many non-credited workshops and short courses you can take outside of the university. For a list see: non-university workshops and courses.